Sunday, May 29, 2011

Venue Search

I got engaged a few weeks ago. It has been an exciting few weeks. But it's also a bit stressful. So many things to think about. I usually recommend brides who aren't familiar with the industry to hire a wedding planner. I have decided to not hire a wedding planner. I work for a party rental company and would be able to get rentals easily. I am in contact with people in the industry. I can ask them questions easily. I need an on-day coordinator. I have someone in mind for that position.

My biggest hurdle now is finding a venue. We will be deciding on a date in the next few days. I am looking for a venue that can hold 400 people for a sit down dinner. Because the guest list is large, we are limited to a small selection of venues. My last choice is to go to a Chinese restaurant. It limits me to a few venues and some hotel ballrooms.

Here are my requirements:
- hopefully in Vancouver, farthest will be Surrey or Coquitlam
- guests will be sitting in round tables of 10 (or something close to that)
- has a stage
- has a screen and projector
- has an in house music system and/ or something that a laptop can be plugged in
- has a working microphone
- has a dance floor

It's been difficult but I'm sure I will be able to find something soon. I will have to check out the venues and see how it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment