Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 1 in Vegas (Fri, Feb 25, 2011)

I met my co-workers at YVR. On our way to Vegas on a 10am flight. I was running a bit late to meet my co-workers. Lucky me, I was one of the chosen one that got randomly selected to be screened more thoroughly. I was so nervous. If you were to take my heart rate, it would've have been off the charts. They didn't ask me anything out of the ordinary. It was kind of a complicated trip because half was for business and half for pleasure. It's ok it made it in time to board my plane.

We stayed at the Luxor hotel. It is a beautiful hotel. There are two parts to the hotel: the tower and the pyramid. We were lucky enough to have rooms booked in the pyramid.
I have walked thru it in previous years. I loved the whole atmosphere of Egypt. Its all the sphinx and hieroglyphics that made the atmosphere. I have never stayed there. Our conference was at Mandalay Bay, which is the neighboring hotel. We had dinner at Tacos and Tequila in the Luxor. We were hungry and didn't want to go too far. We had some tacos and we enjoyed it.



Some of my friends from Vancouver also went to Vegas the same time we were there. A few arrived the night before us and some arrived the same night as us. We met up with my friends on Freemont St. It was all about the flashy lights, the loud music and the street entertainment on Freemont St. We were in Vegas, of course I saw Elvis..as a matter of fact, I saw two of them!



Every 15 minutes there is a light show. A few years back, the one I saw had bold graphics on gambling and it was a bit light show on showcasing Vegas. This time it was all about Kiss. Im not sure why. It was a bit entertaining.

Im not sure how KISS is related to the circus but whatever. They had carnival scenes and this was one of them.

Lastly, my Freemont experience wasn't complete without seeing Michael Jackson!

No comments:

Post a Comment