Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 3 in Vegas (Sun, Feb 27,2011)


Our day started with work. We went to different seminars. My co workers went to a tenting seminar. I went to a customer service seminar. It was quite interesting. I think because I have been at my job for so long, sometimes I slack at my job. It kicked my butt in gear. The first seminar we went to was on LED lighting. Man, it was boring. I almost fell asleep. I had to fight to keep my eyes open. It felt like the longest 45 minutes of my life. The customer service seminar was fun and interactive. I sat in front of some ladies who work in a party rental place in Kamloops. I introduced myself and chit chatted with them for a few minutes.

Some of us headed of to the Gun Shop. It was quite a distance from where we were staying. It was quite the experience. They gave you a gun menu. You get to pick which guns you want to shoot. It was quite the extensive menu. Since I didn't know much about guns, it was like it was a foreign language to me. There were some packages which had a few guns. They had a Girls Package. I picked that one, it was easiest. The Girls Package had a pink rifle with Hello Kitty on it and a handgun. My friends had a package with machine guns. Those were kinda scary. You get to pick your target. Then you get to pick your range. We picked the more expensive one because it took less time, but it cost $50 more. We then took turns shooting our guns. It was kinda scary for me. But I stuck it out.

We came back to the strip and went to see the Titanic exhibit. It was very neat. There were actual artifacts which survived the Titanic. It was pretty amazing to see how well the artifacts were preserved. There was also a large piece from the Titanic. It was very interesting to learn about how they pulled out such a large piece.

It was Cory's birthday tonight. We went to Dick's Last Resort. There was a live band playing. They took requests and our table requested lots of songs by Canadian artists. There was lots of drinking to be had. I had a little bit too much to drink and it wasn't even my birthday. A couple of guys in our group got kicked out. So since they got kicked out, the rest of us left. We took the party outside. Some of them started singing O Canada. It was pretty random.
There is a guy in this picture standing in the back row with the white cap. I have no idea who that is. It is a random Canadian guy who we asked to be in our picture. I think his group was standing close to us or walking by us. I have no idea. I don't think most of my friends would remember either. There was a bit of an issue by the end of the night and our group split up..but I'm not going to write about it. It's too long and complicated. So by the end of the night, crashed on my bed and passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment