Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 3 in Cali (March 2, 2011)

We headed into Palm Springs. I kinda wanted to do something I haven't done before. We went hiking at Indian Canyons. There were many hiking trails in the Indian Canyons. We went to Palm Canyon and Andreas Canyon. The two hiking trails we went on wasn't really hiking trails. It was very leisure and flat. It was nature walking. We only intended to spend about 2 hours hiking. Palm Canyon had, of course, many palm trees. It had various trails within the canyon. We walked a little bit and decided to go back to the car. The trail was very flat and wasn't very interesting to me.
I was wanting to try the Andreas Canyon. I liked the Andreas Canyon more than the Palm Canyon. There was more vegetation and more scenery. There was a large rock which was the highlight of the trail. When we were close to the rock, we saw another couple walk by us. The man recognized my Canucks t-shirt. It was because they were from Vancouver too. I was so excited because there was nobody on the trail for what seems like miles away. All of the sudden we see another couple and they are from Vancouver. We didn't take a picture with them. I really regret that we didn't. I like to take pictures to capture the moment.

Because we were close to downtown Palm Springs, we decided to walk around downtown. There was the Palm Springs Walk of Stars. It's kinda like the Hollywood walk of stars. There was a star with their name and what they were famous for. I was a bit tired after our nature trail walking. But the Palm Springs Walk of Stars is only a few blocks long. We had lunch at Ruby's Diner. We sat on the patio and did some people watching. I had a turkey pie which was a bit too salty for me. We got back to my sisters place about 8pm. We try our best to get back around that time so we can play with the kids before they head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment